Feeding the hungry and homeless in San Francisco
Our Star outreach to the poor ministry mission is to provide opportunities to practice the Corporal Works of Mercy:
• To give drink to the thirsty.
• To shelter the homeless.
• To clothe the naked.
• To visit the sick.
• To visit the imprisoned.
• To bury the dead.
About our ministry:
Star Outreach gained momentum when Pope Francis declared the Jubilee Year of Mercy. In his Christmas homily that year, he said to make this a “Mercy Christmas” by helping others through the “works of mercy.”
Working together WE ALL are able to serve the poor, the homeless and the needy in San Francisco:
- We serve the homeless once a month with the Missionaries of Charity.
- We cooked for the homeless enough to feed up to 150 individuals.
- We make sandwiches every Sunday to feed the homeless on the streets in San Francisco.
- We collaborate with the parish school and our parishioners to provide beanie hats, scarves, and warm gloves for the winter.
- We get some financial donations by generous parishioners that are used to purchase the ingredients for the meals we serve; to help purchase items for the Gabriel Project’s pregnant moms, and to help the homeless with personal toiletries.
If you have a strong passion and are discerning a call to serve in any of the Corporal Works of Mercy, please contact: Rosa Mendoza: (510) 978-2519