Dear Bride and Groom-to-be,
We welcome you to our church and pray that your planned marriage may be happy and holy. Star of the Sea wants everything to go smoothly for you. We offer a marriage preparation and instruction program which draws upon 20 centuries of faithful adherence to Tradition, sacred scripture, and practical experience.
Please contact Mariella Zevallos at the parish office at (415) 751-0450 for questions about your marriage preparation.
We will assist you with the following steps:
- Contact Wedding Coordinator, Mariella Zevallos, for information and/or to set up an appointment with one of our priests. (415)751-0450, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meet with a priest at the parish, discuss a date, and begin canonical paperwork.
- Contact Music Director, Lynn Kraehling email@example.com
- Sign up for marriage preparation courses, where a mentoring, married couple will assist you as sponsors in your journey, and help address any concerns or questions that might arise as you approach your wedding day.
- Most importantly as well, you will enroll in a Natural Family Planning course with one of our providers (Peg Buckley, firstname.lastname@example.org or Sean and Christina Sullivan: email@example.com
- Then, it will be time to meet with a priest again, to go over any issues or questions which may have come up in the course of your months-long preparation.
- Contact Wedding Coordinator, Mariella Zevallos, within 3-4 months prior to your wedding day to set up an appointment to go over the wedding rehearsal, church protocols, etc. (415)751-0450, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finally, meet with the priest once again, to go over the ceremony and finalize paperwork.
Please Note: A couple’s marriage preparation will take about 6 months.
Documents you will need:
- A recently- issued copy of your baptismal certificate if you are Catholic (call the parish of your baptism)
- An annulment decree if you have been married before
- Certificates from your completed marriage Prep and NFP courses
Parishioners who are current, registered, active, and contributing members for at least six months pay a total of $1200.00 in fees associated with a full, traditional, wedding at Star of the Sea Church, which breaks down as follows:
- $600 for the use of the Church
- $200 for the Wedding Coordinator
- $200 for the Organist
- $200 for the Cantor
Non-parishioners who wish to be married at Star of the Sea Church, pay a total in associated fees of $1800.
Alternatively, a simple exchange of vows before a priest and 1 witness may be arranged, having a fee of $200.00.