Dear Bride and Groom-to-be,
We welcome you to our church and pray that your planned marriage may be happy and holy. Star of the Sea wants everything to go smoothly for you. We offer a marriage preparation and instruction program which draws upon 20 centuries of faithful adherence to Tradition, sacred scripture, and practical experience.
Please contact the office at (415) 751-0450 to begin your marriage preparation.
We will assist you with the following steps:
- Meet with a priest at the parish, discuss a date, and begin canonical paperwork.
- Contact Wedding Coordinator, Mariella Zevallos, (415)378-2360, or email email@example.com
- Contact Music Director, Lynn Kraehling firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up for marriage preparation courses, where a mentoring, married couple will assist you as sponsors in your journey, and help address any concerns or questions that might arise as you approach your wedding day.
- Most importantly as well, you will enroll in a Natural Family Planning course with one of our providers (Peg Buckley, email@example.com or Preetha Valentine, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Then, it will be time to meet with a priest again, to go over any issues or questions which may have come up in the course of your months-long preparation.
- Finally, meet with Father once again, to go over the ceremony and finalize paperwork.
Documents you will need:
- A recently- issued copy of your baptismal certificate if you are Catholic
- An annulment decree if you have been married before
- Certificates from your completed marriage Prep and NFP courses
Parishioners who are current, registered, active, and contributing members for at least six months pay a total of $1150.00 in fees associated with a full, traditional, wedding at Star of the Sea Church, which breaks down as follows:
- $600 for the use of the Church
- $150 for the Wedding Coordinator
- $200 for the Organist
- $200 for the Cantor
Non-parishioners who wish to be married at Star of the Sea Church, pay a total in associated fees of $1750.
Alternatively, a simple exchange of vows before a priest and 1 witness may be arranged, having a fee of just $50.00.