125 Years of Beauty and Catholic Worship in the Richmond District
1894 - 2019
Our parish was founded in 1894, the Mother Church of the Richmond District. As we were the closest parish to the ocean at the time, the bishop named our community for Mary, Star of the Sea. Let us prepare our church for her 125th Anniversary next autumn by giving her a fresh paint job, more attractive flooring, and a general sprucing-up for all that has become worn-down over the years! We renovate our homes every fifteen or twenty years, so let us all pitch in to give our Lord's house a brighter and newer demeanor. We hope to raise $500,000 to paint inside and out, polish and repair, clean and touch-up. It's God's house. It's our house!