Dear Bride and Groom-to-be,
Congratulation on your upcoming wedding!
We welcome you to our church and pray that your marriage be happy and holy. Star of the Sea wants everything to go smoothly and easily for you. Our parish offers a complete marriage instruction program, drawing on 20 centuries of wisdom and practice in Christian nuptials.
Please contact Claire@starparish.com to begin your marriage preparation!
She will help you with the following steps:
- Meet with your priest to become acquainted, fix a date and begin canonical paperwork.
- Contact Wedding Coordinator, Mariella Zevallos, (415)378-2360, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Music Director, Lynn Kraehling email@example.com
- Sign up for courses, where a vetted married couple will join you to sponsor your journey and help address any concerns or questions that might arise leading up to your special day.
- Enroll in a Natural Family Planning course from one of our providers (Peg Buckley, firstname.lastname@example.org or Preetha Valentine, email@example.com).
- Meet with your priest a second time to go over anything from the courses above.
- Meet with your priest a third time to go over the ceremony and finalize paperwork
Documents you will need:
- A recently- issued copy of your baptismal certificate if you are Catholic
- An annulment decree if you have been married before
- Certificates from your completed marriage Prep and NFP courses
The Church never charges for a sacrament, but a wedding involves some administrative fees. If you would like a briefer for of the Sacrament, the priest will prepare you a simple 15-minute ceremony for an administrative fee of $50.00
For more full wedding ceremonies, the fees are as follows:
- $300 for the use of the Church
- $150 for the Wedding Coordinator
- $150 for the Organist
- $150 for the Cantor
A total of $750 for contributing members of our parish (registered with our community for at least 6 months).
For those not registered and contributing in out parish we ask for an additional $450 for a total of $1200.